Quick Update on Google + and Customer Lobby
Posted on September 18th, 2012 in Digital Marketing, Facebook, Google, Search Engine Optimization by Doug Fowler
Over the last two weeks, we have seen some very positive changes from both Google and Customer Lobby.
Google + Local Merge is working
Finally. Google has worked out many of the kinks in the whole Google Places / Google + Local / Google + conversion. We are now able to merge Google + Local pages with a business Google + page. So, the two become one and you unlock additional benefits with your new Google + page. Take a look at the WSI Google + page. Listed below are some of the key changes / features.
- Manage privacy settings – You can manage what other people can do and say on your Google + page.
- Manage notification setttings – You can determine how and when you want to receive notifications regarding activity on your Google + page. This feature provides a simple method to allow you to stay on top of things like new Google reviews, comments to your posts and more.
- Manage users – You can now give access to other users to assist you in managing your G+ page.
- Video – When the merge and verification process is complete, a Video tab is added to your Google + page. This page can be used to upload and share your company videos.
- Google Reviews – If you receive a less than favorable review, you now have the ability to respond publicly to the review. In case you didn’t know it, Google Reviews are automatically displayed on your About tab on your Google + page.
There are a number of other helpful features that I won’t go into here, but I think you get the idea. Google + is finally working again and it should be a key component of any Local SEO and Online Reputation strategy.
Big changes with at Customer Lobby
As you know, customer reviews are becoming increasingly important in building your business credibility and increasing customer conversions. Google reviews are great, but they can be hard to get. We really like Customer Lobby and what they offer as a 3rd party review service. Customer Lobby has a streamlined system for obtaining and syndicating the reviews.
If you’re already using them, then you know what I am talking about. Note: We expect Google Reviews to decline since users profiles are now attached to the review which gives other more insight into your personal data.
Last week, I had the good fortune of spending some time with Ted Paff at a conference in Orlando. Ted shared some really good news on enhancements to Customer Lobby.
- Customer Reviews are now being automatically syndicated to local citation sites, such as City Search, Kudzu, and others. This is great from both a citation and credibility perspective and should really help with Local SEO campaigns.
- The Customer Lobby integration with Facebook pages should be back in place later this week. When Facebook moved to the new timeline and FB pages, many of the 3rd party integrations would no longer work which meant that any Customer Lobby reviews could no longer be automatically posted to your business FB page.
Disclaimer: WSI Webworks is an authorized reseller / partner with Customer Lobby. We love their products and service and would love to tell you more about them.